Thursday, October 28, 2004

Yeeeeeeee haaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

I know this is a food blog, but I'll stray off-topic for a post. I am one of those long-suffering Boston Red Sox fans who will now need to get used to saying "World Champion Boston Red Sox." It's unbelievable. I knew this year's team was a good team and capable of great things, but fate always seems to have something bad in store for the Sox. After the Yankees stomped all over them in game 3 of the ALCS, I had had enough and swore I was going to root for the Detroit Tigers next year. Then they started winning (or maybe refusing to lose). And winning. And winning. I don't understand it, but somehow, everything started going the Sox's way. They just won the World Series, their first Series win since 1918. I don't know what to do with myself. Oh, and the lunar eclipse was a nice touch. "SOX WIN SERIES - MOON GOES DARK." How's that for a headline?

Ai yi yi! Way to go, guys!

No comments: