Thursday, November 18, 2004

Packing lunch, finding chimichangas

Last night I made a dinner whose primary purpose was to provide lunch for today. Normally I make or buy a sandwich when I go on a birding trip, but I decided to do something a little different for today’s trip. I brought the leftovers from last night’s stir-fry.

The stir-fry combined shallots, ginger, Quorn tenders, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and slivered almonds. The sauce was a combination of 2 tablespoons master sauce, 1 tablespoon chicken broth, 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil and a dash of Tabasco sauce. I poured the stir-fry over jasmine rice. I think the sauce needs something, I’m not sure what. The Tabasco sauce was too little to taste in the final product. The important thing was that it made a great cheap lunch for a day outside.

On the way home, The Lurker and I stopped at a pizza place for dinner. Good pizza with a crisp thin crust; of course I forgot to note the name of the pizzeria but I'm sure we'll be back. Since the strip mall where the pizza place was located had a Kings, I ran in to look for the chicken chimichangas mentioned in Sunday's post. Lo and behold, there they were. I grabbed four and brought them home. The most annoying thing about trying to track them down was that I didn’t remember the brand name, so I couldn’t look for them on the internet. Now I know the brand is Don Miguel. Whew.

No comments: