Friday, May 27, 2005

Bad bad bad

This gardening thing has definitely gotten out of control. After getting out of work early due to the holiday weekend, I stopped off at the local high-end grocery on the way home. I had intended to pick up a few staples like milk and orange juice, but right there in the front were the potted herbs. Damn!

I've been meaning to get a rosemary plant, so that was a no-brainer. But there were so many other possibilities. Sweet basil. Various sages. Dill. Parsley. At least two varieties of thyme. Oregano (well, ok, I'm not a big oregano fan, so that wasn't much of a danger). Etcetera, etcetera.

In addition to the rosemary, I left with lemon thyme and a variegated sage (to replace the sage that died earlier this spring). But I'm still thinking back to the sweet basil and the parsley. And the dill. Ai yi yi.


obachan said...

I know how it is :)

Winslow said...

Hi obachan,

Yeah, I bet you do. :) All these lovely herb plants saying, "Take me home to your garden!" Very hard to resist.