Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Chicken korma

I really feel guilty about blogging this, but I'm going to go ahead and do it anyway. Last night, I made chicken korma. Before you get all enthused, let me point out that all I did was stir-fry chicken pieces in some canola oil for a few minutes, open a jar of Patak's korma sauce, dump the sauce into the pan and simmer for 20 minutes (recipe from the jar label). When it was done, I served it over jasmine rice. I wound up with a big pile of food that will give me leftovers for the next couple of days. I can scarcely call it real cooking, though.

Despite my on-again, off-again relationship with Indian food, chicken korma is one of the dishes I like. I think I first discovered it thanks to an Ethnic Gourmet frozen dinner that was out of this world (Ethnic Gourmet was still Taj Gourmet back then).

Last night's version of chicken korma was quite good, but the sauce was a little sweeter than what I'm familiar with, almost too sweet for my taste. The interplay of the spices in the sauce was terrific, however. Today I'm annoyed with myself for forgetting that I had a jar of ghee in the fridge; it would've been much better to use that rather than the canola oil. Oh, well, maybe next time.

No comments: