Sunday, December 26, 2004

Leftovers

Sometimes I think I should've named this blog "The Leftover Chronicles" or something like that. I truly love getting more than one meal out of a cooking session. Tonight I had the leftover turkey from last night over a new batch of spinach fettuccini. Of course, the marsala sauce was long gone last night, but it was still pretty good.

I went down to The Deacon's for brunch today, which provides the other red-letter culinary event for today. Granted, brunch was nice (lox, bagels, fruit plate, eggs benedict, etc.) but I got sent home with a CARE package of cookies and a hunk of stollen. This is the time of year when I'm grateful for my friends who bake. Of course, this recipe is sorely tempting, and I may even bake these cookies, if I can ever decide on which kind of arare to bring home from the Asian supermarket.

No comments: