Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Mmmm, noodles

Life has been somewhat hectic, so I've been negligent in my blogging. Since I'm currently temping for a couple of weeks, I spend much less time reading food blogs during the day. Alas. I guess I would have to say that the advantages of getting some income outweigh the disadvantages of not being able to check my favorite blogs constantly. Especially with a mortgage.

I was feeling a little down tonight, but dinner fixed things pretty well. I cooked Marnie Henricksson's "Korean Beef Noodles." This recipe has even been posted on the web here. I usually leave out the carrots (didn't have any on hand tonight) and I mix some Tabasco sauce in with the soy sauce mixture rather than using a real chile pepper. It is a very tasty stir-fry; the beef is particularly delicious. I remember how impressed I was when I cooked this dish for the first time, because the recipe coordinated the cooking times of the noodles and the beef so they would be done at the same time. I also remember ordering "Home Style Noodles" from a local noodle shop and discovering that the takeout was virtually identical to my version of Korean Beef Noodles. Not only that, but I thought my own version was pretty comparable with the real restaurant version in terms of taste. Not that I intend to start a restaurant any time soon.

No comments: